Thursday, February 2, 2012

Are you of a Ramadan Family Origin, from Adana, Turkey?

If you are of the Ramadan family (Ramadan, Ramazan, Ramadan Zade, Ramazanzade, Ramazanoglu, Ramazanogullari, also known as Ramadanids) that originated from Adana or Tarsus or the Taurus Mountains in Turkey, we want to know about you.

Why a Reunion?
We believe the Ramadans, Ramadanzade, Ramazanoglu, or Ramadanids (descendants of Sheikh Ramadan son of Yoregur) are estimated to be about 20,000 spread around the world.  Only a few dozens today remain in Adana, Turkey.  We want to help educate every Ramadan to learn about their great history for they were good pious Muslims and great rulers of middle Turkey and cousins of the Ottomans, and to bring closer the family together in a virtual community and hopefully reunite for a great reunion gathering in Adana in 2015.  I believe that Sheikh Ramadan, our Great...Great Grand Father, would have definitely blessed this effort and loved the idea that his descendants are trying to reunite and get in touch.

Why 2015?
This is an important year as it marks the 650th Anniversary to the establishment of the Ramadanids Kingdom (Ramazanogullari) in Middle Turkey with Adana as its capital, for which the Ramadans ruled in succession for 256 years, making it one of the top 10 longest ruling in succession family dynasties in the world.  Also, the government of Prime MinisteRecep Tayyip Erdoğan is building a new great Mosque in Adana, the "Ramazanoglu Cami", in honor of the family and its great history and hopes to be completed in 2015.  In January of 2012, the Ramazanoglu Mansion became Adana's newest cultural center.

The date of the reunion has not been set yet, but it could be in May of 2015 just before the hot summer in the region where people can still enjoy the weather and leave on vacations before the month of Ramadan.

Contact Us:
So let us know if you are a Ramadan or your mother is one, and send us your contact and/or become a member of the Ramazanoglu group on facebook.  Also tell us if you would like to participate in either: 1) attending or 2) organizing the reunion or 3) both.

Use this link and click Like on this page.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Ramazanoglu/237100413039409?sk=wall

and email me your relationship to the family:
Ramazanoglu2013@gmail.com





5 comments:

  1. HOW INTERESTING
    am in shock , is this real ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is for real - email me your tree branch to ramazanoglu2013@gmail.com
      samer

      Delete
  2. hello MR.samer , greetings from saudi arabia ...am ghazal mohammed adel bahjat mahmood ramadan , my dad sent you an email today
    am the eldest of four girls , and we r from almadianh almunawarah ....u dont know how excited we became after this whole thing , this is really interesting ....i never imagined anything like this, the only thing i knew is that we have a turkish origin ONLY and i had a doubt about it .. and now it seems like more than an origin ... am so glad that someone finally will introduce me to my origin ... me and my sisters and cousins are sooooo excited and we really want to know more ,am gonna sent u an email tomorrow about the saudi branch of the family (my lovely family) with our names and some informations .. and as my dad told u , if u have a visit soon to saudi arabia either jeddah or almadinh don't hesitate to contact us ...
    ur cousin , ghazal ramadan..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cousin Ghazal,

      Ahhh...Yes I did receive an email from your kind father. I am delighted to know about your family branch in Saudi Arabia.

      I am very happy to share the excitement with you all.

      Please send me full contact information - several of us will come to Madinah over the next few weeks...my Uncle Hisham will be there next week and my Brother Imad will be there after the 28th.

      I will also try to make a Umrah Trip soon.

      Alhamdulillah we are all pious people and love to visit Al-Madinah Al-Munawarrah and now it is even more exciting that we have family there :-)

      Send me your email so I invite you to explore our very large family tree on Geni.com

      Jazaki Allah Kheir,

      ur cousin
      samer ramadan

      Delete
  3. I am crying...i am crying...i have been long waiting for this moment to come, i found my relatives, I am Sumayya Muhi-Edeen Abdurrahman Muhi-Edeen Ramadan, i live in Amman-Jordan, My Grandfather is from Beirut, my father was born in Haifa Palestine, because my grandfather had a little resturaunt there. Mesbah Baik Ramadan was a relative that my dad always talked about, he was one of the big names in Beirut-Ottoman government. Dad's family are in laws with Kredly family. My grandmother is Munawwar Mukhles and she is from Lebanon too, with origins from Turkey and Egypt. I wish i can get back to my roots and know my family. By the way, in 1948 my grandfather fled the war on Palestine (Nakbeh) to Lebanon and stayed there for one year, then to Syria, he died shortly after that. I can't wait to hear from you, just can't wait.

    ReplyDelete